FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Jeongling Liu, Board President
Dr. Hong Liu, Executive Director
(312) 225-8659 firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago-Sept. 18, 2016: The Midwest Asian Health Association (MAHA) is pleased to invite your organization to become a sponsor for MAHA’s Annual Benefit Gala on Saturday, November 19, 2016 from 6:00pm-8:30pm at Furama Restaurant (2828 S. Wentworth Ave., Chicago). In 2017 we intend to open a Federally Qualified Health Center that will expand much needed physical and mental health service to residents in Chinatown and the surrounding areas. As we continue to promote good health by focusing our efforts on reducing health disparities among medically underserved populations, our gala theme is “Opening Doors to Good Health”. We invite you to help us open our doors to thousands of individuals in need of culturally sensitive mental and physical health services.
MAHA moved our gala to Furama to accommodate more guests and we expect 300-350 attendees. In past years, attendees have included public officials, community leaders, health care providers, academicians, consumer advocates and faithful volunteers. All have a strong interest in improving the health of our community. We will also honor outstanding leaders and volunteers who have supported and contributed to MAHA’s health programs at the event. Among this year’s honorees are: State Representative Theresa Mah, representatives from the Chicago Dept. of Public Health, and Sinai Community Institute.
MAHA is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization whose mission is to reduce health disparities for the Asian and Pacific Islander Americans (APIAs) in the Midwest. We are very proud to list several of our many 2015-2016 accomplishments:
- MAHA provided public health services to more than 18,000 individuals during 2015-2016
- Opened the first mental health clinic on the south side of Chicago serving Asian populations
- Provided Affordable Care Act services to 8,618 clients and assisted 1,400 individuals in Chicago and 1,110 in Michigan with Medicaid and Marketplace insurance enrollment
- Provide substance abuse prevention services to 1,150 youth and families in the Asian and Latino communities
- Provided hepatitis B education to 5,206 clients in collaboration with other CBOs and provided screenings and immunizations and referrals for additional treatments
- Provided comprehensive health screening and medical counseling to 1,239 clients
MAHA’s annual event is not just a great time to celebrate our success and those of our partners and friends, but most importantly it will support our new clinic and the health programs so we can better serve the medically underserved populations in and around Chicago’s Chinatown neighborhood.
We would greatly appreciate your support. If you have any questions, or want to make donation and ticket reservation ($100 dinner ticket), please contact Jeongling Liu at (847) 217-1688 or email@example.com or Dr. Hong Liu at (312) 225-8659 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your participation and support.
Note: To attend MAHA 2016 Annual Benefit Gala, Please complete the following steps.
Step1: Please download and fill out MAHA 2016 Sponsorship Form
Please email your completed form, camera-ready ad to Jeongling Liu at email@example.com (847) 217-1688 or Hong Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org 312-403-8899 before November 10, 2016 or mail it to 230 W. Cermak Rd, 2nd Floor, Chicago, IL 60616.
Step2: Make the payment
Click the PayPal donation button below and make the payment.
Or make the check payable to MAHA, and mail it to 230 W. Cermak Rd, 2nd Floor, Chicago, IL 60616